Keep your pet healthy with the Drinkwell Platinum Fountain
Research shows one way to improve your petâ€™s health is to get him to drink more water. Water is essential for supporting your petâ€™s vital organ function. On average, your pet should drink one ounce of water per pound of weight daily. The Drinkwell Platinum Fountain provides convenience for you while giving your pet plenty of water to stay hydrated. The patented, free-falling stream aerates his water with healthful oxygen, and an activated-carbon filter removes bad tastes and odors giving your pet the best way to stay hydrated and healthy.
Is your pet dehydrated?
To check if your pet is dehydrated, gently grab a loose fold of skin, either on the back of the neck or in between the shoulder blades and release. If the skin snaps back into place, your pet should be okay. If the skin slowly returns into place, your pet could be dehydrated and may need to be checked by a veterinarian. On average, your pet should drink one ounce of water per pound of weight daily.
What is activated carbon?
The activated carbon replacement filters are made of coconut shells. The coconut shells are put through a process called carbonization, which removes all other elements other than carbon. The carbon is then â€˜activatedâ€™ by adding back oxygen, creating a material suitable for adsorption. Activated carbon absorbs basic water contaminants, as well as chlorine from tap water. This helps improve the taste and remove odors from basic drinking water.
Veterinarian Invented by Dr. Mary Burns, DVM.
Veterinarians recommend fountains because the moving water encourages pets to drink more for proper hydration. The free-falling stream also adds oxygen for freshness, making the water more appealing to drink. Proper hydration promotes healthy kidney function, cushions and lubricates joints, speeds recovery time for sick or injured pets and helps your petâ€™s body with temperature regulation.
1. Patented, free-falling stream adds oxygen for freshness and entices pets to drink more water.
2. Premium, replaceable activated carbon filter removes bad tastes and odors for fresher, better-tasting water.
3. Constant circulation inhibits bacteria growth in between cleanings.
4. Pre-filter catches hair and other large particles before they reach the pump to prolong pump life.
5. Submersible pump for safe and quiet operation.
6. Snap-on lid for easy filter replacement and to prevent accidental removal by pets.
7. Receiving ramp reduces splash and sound of falling water.
8. Adjustable flow control to change flow and circulation of water to be slower or faster.
9. Built-in reservoir increases capacity and makes refills easy.
10. Rubber feet on bottom to help prevent fountain from moving or sliding.
11. Low-voltage, 12V system with inline-plug connection for safe operation and easy pump removal.
12. Easily disassembles and top-shelf dishwasher safe (excluding pump) for easy cleaning.
Find the perfect fit for your pet and your lifestyle:
Drinkwell Platinum Fountain
Drinkwell Original Fountain
Drinkwell Mini Fountain
Drinkwell Multi Tier Fountain
Drinkwell Big Dog Fountain
Drinkwell Zen Stainless Steel Fountain
Drinkwell Stainless Multi-Pet Fountain
Drinkwell Outdoor Dog Fountain
Drinkwell Indoor and Outdoor Everflow Fountain
Drinkwell Lotus Fountain
*DAILY WATER INTAKE: A healthy daily water intake range for cats and dogs is 0.3 - 1.07 oz per lb of the pet's actual weight (20-70 mL per kg). For the purpose of this chart, the maximum intake of 1 oz per lb was used to calculate the estimated days filled. Your pet may drink more than the recommended amount due to high activity level and/or other external factors, such as the heat. If your pet is consuming significantly more than the indicated amounts above, this may be a sign of polydipsia or other ailment, please seek the counsel of a veterinarian as soon as possible.
**ESTIMATED DAYS FILLED: Calculations were made on a single pet basis and do not account for multiple pets' use of the fountain. All calculations were made using the maximum level of water intake for each specified weight. The above calculations do not take into account water evaporation or other external factors, such as spilling.